I had the ERG valve replaced on 99 Millenia S 3 yrs ago and new ERG tube and catalitic converter 2 moths ago abd check engine light and code is pointing to ERG valve, Could it be anything else??

Asked by Oct 12, 2014 at 04:53 PM about the 1997 Mazda Millenia 4 Dr S Supercharged Sedan

I had the ERG valve replaced on 99 Millenia S 3 yrs ago and new ERG tube and
catalitic converter installed 2 months ago. Check engine light came on shortly after last
work done and code is pointing to EGR. Is there a way to trouble shoot the EGR valve
to make sure that is the problem. The last EGR including gasket,labor and valve was $
831. I know the ERG tube is connected to the ERG valve and the catalitic converter.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

12,750

I would remove the egr and clean it. there are several videos on youtube for that. then put it back on and have the trouble codes turned off. if the codes don't come back, then that's all it was!