should i hear my supercharger kick in?

25

Asked by Nov 15, 2007 at 01:07 PM about the 1997 Mazda Millenia 4 Dr S Supercharged Sedan

car does not have the greatest aceleration out of hole.  once moving at around 50 and hit it it will go!

no,and speed is about right.

805

Yes with the 2.3L S this is normal, it likes top end driving more than accelerating from a stop.

805

Oh and superchargers dont "kick in" they are constantly moving depending on the rpm of the engine. Though in first gear you have alot less boost than the other gears.

20

Please tell me why then does my 1999 mazda millenia s seem to be ready to overheat when i'm acclerating until the reaches between 3 and 4 rpm when the gear changes? it does that when it has warmed up. it use to not do that. the mechanic told me taht the supercharger went out. please explain. thanks

20

I use to be able to acclerate from the stop with normal power but now after it has warmed up the rpms have to reach almost right at 4 before the gear change then i look over to the right and see the level slowly falls back down to the middle. meaning the cooling and heating arm. please help. thanks