rpms in fourth gear

35

Asked by Jul 12, 2008 at 07:02 PM about the 1997 Mazda MPV 4 Dr ES Passenger Van

i have a 97 mazda mpv.  i bought it new.  my problem is that my engine rpms are always higher than what they should be when in fourth gear.  my engine rpms are jus a tad above 3000, when im only doing 70.  i remember it being at 30 when doing just above 80.  i hit 2000 rpms doing just above 40.  when im doing 70 in third, the rpms hit around 3750.  so, i know there is nothing wrong there.
i had sold it to sombody about a year ago.  they stopped making payments, so i repoed the van.  as soon as i got it back, thats when i noticed the change.  could the people that i sold it do have done somthing to the transmission?  or could this just be normal wear and tear?

5

I dunno about that one but i would guess that it could be that the people u sold it to drove it pretty hard cause i got a tahoe and my bro and 2 sis' drove and i remember the engine used to rev high but know it revs lower. Im not exactly sure about that question but it might be a good guess

140

its your overdrive is off , or they changed th tire size

is the od of light lit up in dashif so click the od buttin to put back in od,also the od switch could be bad.