Why does my car stall?

Asked by Jul 30, 2007 at 04:01 PM about the 1998 Mazda 626 DX

Why does my car stall when I start it up and whenever I even do so much as let off the gas and braking?  When I'm on the highway everything runs just fine, but whenever I even think abotu stopping it just shuts off and I have to restart it, again.

All the hoses are fine and there is a little dry rot, but nothing to make a huge difference.  I think it might have to do with the fuel system getting too much oxygen intake, which would boil it down to the sensor, but I'm just not sure.

895

I would replace any dry rot that you have before trying to diagnose the problem. You can do the poor mans version of using soap and water and spray it on the dry rot looking for bubbles.