Fouling Plugs

25

Asked by Mar 06, 2014 at 10:21 AM about the 1999 Mazda Protege 4 Dr ES Sedan

My 99 Mazda Protege has startup issues and I need help diagnosing..I was told
possiblke Headgasket so before addressing that, Temp gauge was up and down
without overheating but losing some antifreeze to I dont know where..I replaced fuel
pump, temp sensor,fuel pressure regulator..Finally, had Blue Devil treatment done for
temp fix of HG..Plugs were still fouling with gasoline..you could actually pull the plugs
and watch the gas seep into 3 of the 4 cylinders..so, my son decided to pull the fuel
relay fuse one night and we let the car run for 10 secs til all the gas was out of the fuel
line..when I went out in the morning,I put the fuse back in and it started right up...No
problem at all and weve been doing that everytime we shut the car down we pull fuse
and let it run til fuel is completely out of fuel line....any ideas what might be causing
this..Oh Blue Devil treatment I believe temp fixed HG prob too...

118,945

Just found your question. Let's move all our discussions about this to here so others might be able to access the info if they are having the same issue. And as stated in the pm I feel that your injectors are possibly sticking open and will need cleaning or replaced.

Best Answer Mark helpful
25

Thanks dandyoun...I vcompletely agree...Im actively looking for Injectors as new one will cost me 900.00 and Ijust cant afford that on disability...So, ijectors can be cleaned???? I doubled up on SEAFOAM thinking that might help and it did for a day but its right back to fouling plugs again so til I can get New or used injectors for my car, I will just keep pulling the Fuel Relay Fuse and starting it like that...Thanks so much for your help...I really appreciate it...

118,945

Check out www.rockauto.com they have some remans listed for $26 - $62 each. You would only need to replace the ones that are leaking.

118,945

eBay has a set of four for about $95.