MY STEERING WHEEL DOES NOT STEER THE TIRES, JUST SPINS?

20

Asked by Dec 09, 2015 at 06:15 PM about the 1999 Mazda Millenia 4 Dr S Supercharged Sedan

i WENT OUT TO MOVE MY CAR AN WHEN BACKING UP I TURNED THE
STEERING WHEEL AN IT WILL NOT STEER THE TIRES, JUST SPINS
FREELY

76,335

Well you definitely can't drive it, you are going to have to have it towed to a shop to get fixed. Sounds like something is broke in the steering.

20

That isn't an answer. No shit you can't drive it. No shit something is broke in the steering. Waste my time with this response.

76,335

Well If you are not able to put forth a little initiative to go out and look yourself at where exactly the problem is SINCE I CANT BE THERE TO HOLD YOUR HAND, who's time is wasted. I am here to help.

Hello WIZARD2323. You seem like a genuinely nice, decent fellow. Good Day. I hope you and your family are all well. You car is broken. Got it?

Oh, and by the way, the air bag will blow up in you face and make you preety.

76,335

Proud of you, see what you can do with a little initiative? Thanks for the post...

Seriously, this guy is right. He said he had a steering problem and the first response was you can't drive it you have a steering problem go to a shop. That's not helpful at all; and then you say I'm here to help. Help with what? Tell him to go to a shop? Yea, good thing you're here to tell him that. It was probably a loose bolt and you stupid assholes couldn't even offer up a suggestion. Rowefast and Fordnut, couple of geniuses right there.

76,335

"Okay Rowefast, I have your update on my issue, but first, let me say this. I was an Army helicopter mechanic, and wheeled vehicle mechanic for 20+ years. I was always told, and always told my soldiers, "take your time, triple check your work, and be 10% smarter than the equipment that you are working with or on. That being said, I did not heed my own mantra. Here was the problem. 1: I had the distributor out of time by 180 degrees. 2: ( and most embarrassing) I did NOT reconnect the ICM connectors. After "Correctly" setting the distributor, and plugging in the connectors, Ole Big Red fired right up. In closing, let me say thank you! Your thoughts and comments made me think about the problem and led me in the right direction to solving this issue. Merry Christmas and/or Happy Haunaka / Happy Quansa, and thanks again."

76,335

So who in the world are you?

I am the man with no name. Zapp Brannigan.