I have a 1999 Mazda Millenia s 2.3 liter I have a code of p0 173 and I was wondering if someone can tell me how I can repair that thanks

Asked by May 25, 2013 at 11:18 PM about the 1999 Mazda Millenia 4 Dr S Supercharged Sedan

269,335

That code is for a vacuum leak. Check all hoses after the MAF for proper connections and cracks. Easist way to find is start the car, open the hood, and move the hoses around listening for air escaping. Also check all plastic elbows and connections. You can also use spray some starting fluid around the hoses and if there is a leak, the idle will increase.

150

second on the vacuum leak. there are 3 actual "t" shaped 3 way connectors, one of them is probably cracked and leaking. they are cheap, but labor intensive to replace. you will have to remove the intake. not too difficult, but it takes a while, because there are so many parts. look at your map sensor, it lives on a bracket behind the passenger side upper strut mount. there is a solenoid which has a vacuum line, follow that line to the snout of the compressor. you will see one of the "t's", but i dont think you have room to change it. farther in from this T is another, and both are famous for breaking. i just changed all the vacuum lines and tees(there are also several 'Y' shaped connectors) on both our 99's