How do I disarm the factory alarm in my car?

45

Asked by Oct 06, 2014 at 09:43 AM about the 1999 Mazda 626 LX

After fixing the timing alignment I went to plug the battery in and the alarm went off and
wouldn't stop. I don't have the original keys but I do have a key that was made at the
Mazda dealership and I tried the whole unlock-lock door trick and it didn't stop the alarm.
There was an aftermarket alarm on it and I took that off but now the factory alarm is going
off; right now I just have the battery unplugged

76,265

Try this,Put key in and turn to the on position,then replace battery cable,turn iginton off then back on,if this doe,s not work ,your ecm doe,s not reaconize the key,and you will have to have a dealer fix this issue.

45

Ok I will try that and get back to you. I do know that when I first got the keys it took about an hour for car to recognize them and want to start but this problem with the alarm came after I reset the timing alignment; they were working just fine before.