2000 Mazda Millenia with oil in 2+4 cyl.

Asked by Oct 03, 2014 at 10:29 AM about the 2000 Mazda Millenia 4 Dr S Supercharged Sedan

Hello, I was told to replace the valve cover gasket that comes with seals.
The car did get hot but was pulled over and towed home.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Jim V

35,405

Did it stop running because it over heated? How did you come to the conclusion that the valve cover gasket needs to be replaced? It's information like that that will help us to determine what is the problem.

Thank you. The car never stopped running. In fact the car will start right now on the first turn of the key. I do have a miss fire on cylinder 4. Took cyl. 2+4 plugs and they and the coil leads are soaked with oil thus the thought that the plug seals have perished. What do you think? Thanks, Jim

35,405

Yeah, that sounds about right. Sounds expensive to replace.

Well, I am doing the labor. Just want to be sure that this is the problem. The valve cover gasket kit has the plug seals attached to it. I found the gaskets on drag.com. Also comes with the guide seals. Let me know what you think since this is the first cycle engine I ever worked on. Well..... I replaced the starter, Radiator, and belt/water pump service. Thanks, Jim