Mazda MPV 2000 shift gear doesn't work

5

Asked by May 02, 2011 at 06:15 PM about the 2000 Mazda MPV ES

Hi, I have some questions and problems with my Mazda MPV 2000. The shift gear
doesn't work at all. Like when i try to turn my car on i have to play and move the
shift to try to turn my car on...people say i need to change the whole part of the
steering wheel but i don't have enough money to get one, is there any way i could
fix this?? Like i already tried and took everything off to see if i could fix it but i
can't!! If anyone knows how to please help me out cuz i really cannot afford for a
new car or a new piece so if anyone know's how to fix it this and could give me a
good advice please do at rafa_rd9@hotmail.com
thank you so much and hope to hear some advices.

30

Hi I just saw your question and was wondering if you got any answers. I seem to have the same problem. If you did get any advice could you please send it to me. Thanks, Karin email karinleoni@yahoo.com

10

It happended to me, same symptoms.The Inhibitor switch was the problem, about $500 worth with a fair bit of labour.