where do you put transmission oil for a 2000 mazda 626

25

Asked by Jul 08, 2007 at 10:24 PM about the 2000 Mazda 626 LX

45,595

Open the hood and look at the driver's side of the engine. There should be a dipstick located down low or back towards the firewall. Handle on this dipstick is typically red on most cars, indicating transmission fluid, as opposed to yellow, indicating oil. It should be visible without doing any further removal of engine components.

10

Ive opened the hood and seen the dipstick< this still does not tell me were to put the fluid, the dipstick says do not fill here, so still leaves me with the question were do I put it??

35

On the driver's side of the transaxle, there's 2 large plugs, the one at the bottom horizontal surface is the drain plug, the one up a few inches and almost vertical is the fill. You'll need a funnel and a long tube that you can bend to go into that hole. Fill it just enough until the fluid begins to run back out the fill hole.

35

P.S. My previous response is for a manual trans.

185

I actually did add trans fluid where the dipstick is (automatic transmission). I did it slowly with a tube and funnel. Probably wasn't the best idea, but at the time i could not find a fill hole and the trans needed fluid.

The dipstick of your mazda should be by the side of automatic gear towards brake fluid side,you will see a black pipe with a red handle.Pull it upward and fill from there gently

i have a stick 2000 mazda where do i fine the transmission fuel level