haver a 2000 mazda 626 v6 engine first my belt came off so i replaced it and now my clutch go's to the floor and wont shift . do i need to replace the clutch or is it something eles??? don't know much about cars????

Asked by Jan 19, 2015 at 04:25 PM about the 2000 Mazda 626 ES V6

11,170

don't know how the belt and clutch problem are related, but the belt should never just "come off" something has to be wrong, bad tensioner or something. also your clutch, if it has a cable check that but it probably has a hydraulic clutch. check the fluid in th clutch reservoir. it uses brake fluid. if it isn't leaking anywhere, it just might need bled. good youtube vids on how to do this

the belt was old and snap off, cant fine the clutch reservoir? send me a link on the utube video plz haven't gotten under the car yet with work and being sick no inside garage

11,170

Clutch reservoir uses brake fluid. Should be in the same reservoir as the brake fluid , just another chamber.

ok thank you i see the reservoir. it is full havent climb under the car to see if cable what do i type in to see the utlube video on how to check cable or how to replace the clutch kit..???

11,170

I would check to see if anything is leaking first. You might just need to bleed the clutch system. Go to you tube and just type in "HOW TO BLEED THE CLUTCH 2000 MAZDA 626" and see what you get. You might not get the exact year, but the procedures are similar .