trunk lid damper? need some advise please

55

Asked by Apr 05, 2012 at 11:21 AM about the 2001 Mazda Protege MP3

has any one here ever put a damper on the trunk lid of a protege? i want the trunk to open when i pull
the lever but i don't just want stiffer bars as that would make it fly open uncontrolled. just wondering if
anyone has any tips or tricks to get this done.

805

best thing to do is to figure out the weight of the lid and the travel you are aiming for. the hinge is general where any opening spring will be and with a damper or shock it wont shoot open uncontrolled, that is a spring hinge. you could put the damper on the trunk hinge to have the smallest amount of travel but other than that its all preference and drill bits.