My car keeps running hot.

25

Asked by Oct 02, 2014 at 08:18 PM about the 2001 Mazda Millenia 4 Dr Premium Sedan

My car keeps running hot and is building up pressure on the radiator hose. I tried changing the thermostat, that didn't work. I then had the radiator fix/repaired, the car ran good for a couple of weeks. Then today on my way home while in traffic it ran hot again. I don't know what else it could be. I have already put $540 into this problem. I need some suggestions please.

63,355

Have you checked the radiator fan,s and made sure they are running?

90,955

If it builds pressure quickly, then you could have a head or head gasket problem.

25

I had some one check the fans, both of them and I was told they were working. I even changed out the fuses to make sure. But as far as I know they may not be working while im driving and the car is over heating.

25

it wouldn't be the first time I was told it could be a head gasket problem, but my oil isn't a milky color or has water in it.

63,355

I think it is ,fan,s or water pump.

25

okay thanks man, but one more thing. I know there's pressure building up on the hose and also if I start the car with the radiator cap off you can see little bubbles coming up and forming. Like air bubbles almost maybe. Any idea what could be my problem?

33,475

Have a compression test done. That's the best option to find out if the head gasket is the problem.

90,955

That sounds like the early stages of a head gasket failure. Have a block check performed that will tell you for sure

63,355

Agree with both fellas, above all so,but when you see the bubble,s do you see the water circulating?

25

okay thank you guys..

25

no I don't see anything circulating

63,355

Water pump,bad,then check for damage to gasket like BM,And TS,said to see if it hurt the gasket,s.

Best Answer