I have a 2002 Mazda Protege. The fan for my A/C will blow when I turn it on. When I push the A/C button it should light up green but it dont so my air will not blow out cold. What is causing this?

30

Asked by Jun 12, 2014 at 11:28 AM about the 2002 Mazda Protege DX

92,915

Low charge in the A/C system.

30

Would that have anything to do with a shortage. When I push the heat button it will light up orange and the heat comes out but when I push the a/c button it do not light up green and it will not get cold at all. It use to light up green and get cold.

92,915

Yes, a lot of Asian vehicles use the pressure switch as a cut out, it will not allow the compressor to kick in if the pressure is too low to save the compressor from damage.

Best Answer
30

How do I get this fixed? When I go to the parts store what do I need to ask for?

92,915

Try a recharge unit and follow the directions, you don't want to overcharge it. Usually runs about 30 ish. Or look around, this time of year a lot of shops are having a special on A/C service for just a few dollars more.

30

Okay I have one more thing. A couple months ago I lifted the panel up near the and shook some things on the inside and all of a sudden the green light came on. Then I barely bumped it and the light went off

92,915

A panel near the--- ? and shook some things on the inside.

30

I shook the inside of the panel and the light came on but soon as I bumped it the light went off.

92,915

Hopefully you don't have a cracked IC board in the control head.

30

Is that expensive?

92,915

New yes it will be, if you can find one used it will be a better price as long as it works. If that is indeed your problem.

30

Thanks for all your help. I am going to find a shop to take my car to tomorrow.