My 2002 car will not pass the annual inspection. Multiple faults or upsets.

Asked by Jul 07, 2012 at 03:15 PM about the 2002 Mazda Millenia 4 Dr Premium Sedan

There are four issues according to report. these indicate not ready Catalyst -EGR System-Evaporative System- O2 Sensor  - Which one is the main problem. Are all these components bad? I know of four other people with 2002 Millenia's and they havd the same inspection type issues.

269,265

I see online that many others are having similar issues, spending big money and the CEL light still stays on. One person said that they replaced the gas cap with a new one from a local auto parts store, and a day later the light went out. He said the Old Gas Cap was not holding the correct vapor pressure and its making the EGR Sensor to activate the CEL. Try this first, can't hurt for $15 instead of paying hundreds. Sorry I can't help further.