brakes

45

Asked by Aug 12, 2008 at 01:03 AM about the 2003 Mazda Protege5 4 Dr STD Wagon

im trying to change my brakes do i need a special tool to adjust calipers or do i just push them in like normal cant seem to get rear brakes to go in think calipers are froze or may need special tool

75

There is a special tool that turns the caliper piston as it pushes it in. You may be able to borrow it from an auto parts store.

255

there is a 12mm (i think)bolt in the back of each caliper. then you need a allen wrench and loosen. puch calipers in and install new pads. put wheels on and then jack rear of vehicle up. tighten the bolt you loosened with the allen wrench and at the same time spin the wheel. you want the wheel to just go around about one time. this is setting the parking brake. when you do both sides then check the parking brake to make sure its at where you like it