2003 mazda protege es vibration. metal attached to motor mount is rotting

Asked by Mar 28, 2016 at 01:13 AM about the 2003 Mazda Protege ES

I took my car to a mechanic the other day and they told me to sell the car. or scrap it. I recently changed the bottom motor mount on my car and ever since. My car has been vibrated terribly at idle. When i took it in they told me that the metal the driver side motor mount is attached to is rusted out. He brought me over to the car and i looked at it underneath. So the metal as part of the frame splitting at the bottom. and seperating the binded together metal. Trying to figure out what to do and what would need to be done to fix it. or if it is worth fixing. They said mechanically its running great.

the car runs great n all. i was just warned that the engine would fall out even know its attached by 3 more mounts. and the sub frame holding it

98,345

A reinforcement plate would have to be made up and bolted or welded into the damaged area then the mounts attached to it. This could get costly to have done and there maybe still more frame damage someplace else. You must live where they use salt on the roads during freezing temps.

22,915

just sell it and tell the person buying it what is wrong- you will not get much money but you will save money in the long run-