98 expedition bank and shut off problem.

140

Asked by Apr 15, 2011 at 03:20 PM about the 1998 Ford Expedition 4 Dr Eddie Bauer SUV

my 98 expedition keeps blowing bank #6 plug n spark plug, after replacing all 4
driver side coils and plugs.at firs ok for the first day.

now randomelly shuts off when turning or taking off after a stop (more than onece a
day )...?

check ignition modgle,sounds like it is bad.what do you mean buy blowing bank 6 plug,any scan that reads a bank 1,2 so on is bad oxygen sensor,you would have 3 of them not 6,if you talking about # 6 plug wire,make sure it is not on manafold burning it.really need to know what you mean.

140

sorry, coil cylinder #6 missfire changed, the coil and a new spark plug....it lasted 1 day, so next day( 3rd day) i changed the hole driver side coils and spark plugs. so now it sounds like the same thing wich made me changed the coil and the spark plug in the first place,..,add in turning off now to the mix after i changed all the driver sides (sh..t) listed above. So all i really did was put in all new coils n sparkplugs (keept the shake) and made it randomlly turn off here and there as an add on to my problem. . what can cause the coil and the spark plug to go at the same time...i dont have a load tester to chek new coil so i replaced it on the (3rd day) wen i changed all the ones on the driver side....hope that helps u help me more .....the turning off started after the 3rd time i changed all the coil and S-plug on driver side

still sounds like the modgle,this may sound stupid but it could be a cloged cat converter,building up back pressure and heat.

140

ok...now first : how do i check the module n repair ir...or have to replace..if so does it have to be new or would a used one conflict with the vehicles setings as far as OEM set up, would I need to re-set up...or does it selfe set..? second: would driling a small hole i the cat help stable the back presure do more harm then good..with time would just get bigger ..just starting to sounds to me like its gona get more expensive than im ready for..!

autozone can check the module,yes a second hand one will work,no it wont affect nothing,to remove it you will need a 5.5 metric socket,to remove 2 bolts.yes drill a small hole in down pipe befor cat converter. you can get a aftermarket cat con for about 70 bucks,or if you live in a state that does not do the emission test,take it off and gut it,replace.just dont let anybody see you do it or tell you did it.

140

haha...ok thank's.

I need help i was driving my 2001 ford expedition 4.6l xlt 2 wheel drive down the street I had my AC on and the car stalled on me I had to put it on park to to get it started again. I've have changed the battery, fuel filter, fuel relay and checked my pumped an by checking I mean going to the fuel cap and hearing a buzzing noise to see if it works which it does buzz I've checked if any wires are touching none that I can see i have checked all you tube videos non helped but i did notice my red power for my system cut in half and not having a good connections but I wouldn't think it the system doing the short or would it can someone help me?