how do i fix my front pass side wheel from moving back and forth i dont know the name of the par but it is a long black bar that goes from the strut houseing into what looks likure that wiloe near the transmission the bar is good but the rubber bussings i think are gone where can i find a picture of the part so i know exacly what it is

Asked by Feb 07, 2014 at 05:46 PM about the 1993 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr Executive Sedan

I can take my front pasinger wheel and move it left to right about an inch both ways

the bushings are blown making the car dangerous to drive- replace the bushings on both sides and check the rest of your front suspension- this is an old car

Mike Tutty

It sounds like it could be a wheel bearing, too. No matter, get it to a good front end shop and find out what is wrong. Leaving that could cause you to lose control of the car. Either the steering linkage could let go or the wheel could fall off the car completely.