Button to the gas tank does not open on 1994 Lincoln Continental?

Asked by Sep 23, 2015 at 12:38 PM about the 1994 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr Executive Sedan

I press the button and don't hear a noise and it wont open the gas tank door. my trunk release button works is it a fuse if so where is it located?  Please help thank you.

I did look at this but it is not the same as my 1994 Lincoln continental thank you for your assistance.

113,615

do you have a photo that you can post?

no but the fuel button is located in the passenger side glove compartment.

113,615

oh ok, I think I know what you are talking about now, If you need to get to door to open I think there is a cable in the trunk that you can use to open it. Let me see what I can come up with give me some time please...

ok thank you i'm at work and I need to put gas in the car I don't want to run out of gas LOL. thank you so much.

113,615

This may help with fuse location...

113,615

looks like the fuse is going to be good because you said the trunk button is working and they seem to be on the same circuit. So you may need to replace the switch..

ok I will check it out thank you so much!!

55,415

You need to determine if the problem is the fuse, the switch, the door actuator or the wiring. Don't just buy a bunch of parts, get it diagnosed. Does the door actuator have power applied when pushing the switch if so the actuator is bad. Does the switch have power going to it? If yes and no power to the actuator then either the switch or the wiring is bad.

There is no power applied when I push the button but the trunk button works and it is right above the fuel button.

113,615

Does it work on power, because there says they is a fuse, if it uses power, domid you pull out the switch and check for power with a meter?

yes it works on power