water keeps running out of radiator

Asked by Nov 09, 2016 at 01:24 PM about the 1996 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr STD Sedan

water keeps draining out of coolant container and cant see friom where

69,555

If the radiator overflow tank is dripping water there are a few possibilities. It has a leak, you overfilled the system or the engine has a compression leak into the cooling system causing water to be pushed out of the cooling system. Is the car overheating? Does it have white smoke coming from the exhaust? Is there oil in the cooling water or water in the engine oil?