1996 lincoln continental cranks but won't start

Asked by Mar 14, 2014 at 09:06 PM about the 1996 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr STD Sedan

1996 lincoln contiental wouldn't start, cleaned the crank sensor, put new spark plugs, wires and coil packdd. It started fine and I drove it for a few hours, all was good.
The next day it cranks but won't start. Any ideas?

10

BigJohn2, have you figured out the reason your Lincoln won't start? Mine is having the same exact problem. Jndpezz@comcast.net

Same with mine. Towed to mechanic. Starts every time for him for 3 weeks. I get it back and kids drive it for 2 days and now won't start again. Jostled car on mech's advice in case it's alarm related (cutoff switch?). Mechanic says fuel pump checks good. Gonna try banging on tank with rubber mallet and jack it up and down a time or two tomorrow to simulate tow truck. something intermittent, but I can't keep getting it towed just so mechanic can find nothing wrong. Did anybody ever get a fix for this?