my anti-theft went off the other day because i had car locked but windows partially down for my dog when i got back to car i reached in to open door from inside and alarm went off and i couldnt figure out how too shut off

5

Asked by Aug 03, 2013 at 10:31 AM about the 1996 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr STD Sedan

i dont know any codes w/my continental,how do i find out how to work the keyless entry or get access to any default codes wich will allow me more access to my own car

7,105

Did you try putting your "drivers" (NOT valet) key into the drivers door and unlocking the car, then put the "drivers key" into the ignition and start the car and see if that helps ? The "scenario" you set up with the "window open/doors locked" was one in which the system "assumed" someone had broken the door glass and were trying to "break into" the car, thus setting off the alarm. Based on your statement I would say the car does not have a "motion sensor" in the alarm system as - A) the dog might have set it off as soon as it moved, and B) the system would have recognized it was not a "break in" scenario so the alarm "might" not have sounded. NOTE - we have a friend who does the same thing, but her "dog" only weighs about 5 pounds wet (tea cup poodle).