TRYING to fix my 96 lincoln cotinentals air ride because mine is currently in need of some attention however i dont have a lot of money on me but was wondering if going to a wrecking yard and trying to find new sensor or air bags would that be a option that would o.k w/me..............

5

Asked by Aug 03, 2013 at 06:54 AM about the 1996 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr STD Sedan

i just got car,itlooks like it has no schocks,everytime u start car the levil ride tries to fix itself the signal gets sent to the compressor it kicks on tries to send the air its making its desired location   and it seems that after about 2 min the compresser kicks off and i always get same two sayigs pop up check traction contg

228,145

Is the air ride button on? The button is inside the trunk on the left side. There is a small compartment that has a small door on that side. Just open the door and you'll be able to see the switch and make sure that it is on.

228,145

Do all 4 shocks not inflate? A leak in one would make it lean. I'd be surprised if you had a leak in all 4. Did the problem exist when you bought the car?

228,145

There also can be a leak in the system iteself causing the pump to run continuous potential burning the pump out. The air ride system is a complicated one and I recommend someone with some expertise to look at and diagnose your issue. Someone such as yourself might spend a lot of time trying to fix it and never find a solution. I know you don't have a lot of money, but owning a car isn't cheap.