I was highway driving @ 55 mph when the trans acted like I shifted to neutral, the only gear that works now is Park

5

Asked by Jul 09, 2014 at 01:59 PM about the 1998 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr STD Sedan

Engine starts & runs fine, no other problems.  No trouble lights.  We had it towed
home and here it sits. The mileage is 110K. The transmission has been serviced
regularly. The fluid looks good, no burnt smell & no grainy texture or other evidence of
metal grindings.  Any idea as to a switch that may be out that I could replace or does
this need to go to a dealer.

10

I just got a 1998 continental for my wife a month ago and today it did this same thing while she was out and about. Same exact issue, fluid looks good, no smell or texture in fluid. Wife said there was no noise or indication that there was a problem other than the car acts like it's in neutral for all gears. Vehicle's service record shows good maintenance record with previous owners and last service and check up was in April.