98 lincoln continental air ride

10

Asked by Feb 16, 2013 at 08:26 AM about the 1998 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr STD Sedan

I have a 98 continental and i want to replace the air ride with regular struts . What ford or lincoln car has struts that will bolt up to the lincoln without to much hassle ? I know that the 94 ford taurus se will bolt right up to the 94 continental because I did that one before , but will the 98 -2002 taurus  bolt up to the 98 continental ?  somebody has to have the answer  please help    Thanks

You can convert it to coil springs but struts/shocks don't act as a suspension component that actually hold the axle to the frame..did you swap the entire rear axle, differential and all when you did the '94?

10

ok so what car can I get the coil springs from to put on the lincoln?Taurus? T-Bird? What car ,do you know ?

Nope, sorry that I don't know. But what I do know is that they can be had new, which is probably better anyway as you don't know if the car, assuming junkyard, has had them overloaded and weakened, softened or what. Google it and you will find several outfits that sell them new. Continental specific, so they fit exactly right, not too high, not too low, and new steel.

Complete kit, all parts, $189 and up

and lots on eBay sellers claim new under $100

Replaced rear air suspension on my 99 lincoln with standard suspension from Strut-Masters for $300.00. Included everything. It cost another $300.00 to have it installed. Well worth it. No difference in ride, only difference is with a lot of weight in trunk car does'not level out as with air ride.