Truck stall intermittently

15

Asked by Jan 30, 2008 at 02:01 AM about the 2000 Lincoln Navigator RWD

I own a Navigator. 2000 Supercharged 2WD. V8 5.4L. I had the tranmission rebuilt. I had a new rear wheel sensor, a throttle position sensor, and NEW computer installed. Problem. I can start the truck and if it'll start maybe I can drive it a few miles...but all of a sudden it just stalls. Where the lucent display once showed mile milage the digital reading just flat lines. Actually it is more of a short line or series of dashes. And the Anti-Theft light continues to flash. The codes for the theft and the keys have been cleared and reset. But the problem persists with the stalling. EverythingI have found over the net implies low oil pressure and the my oil pressure as a fail safe will shut the engine down. Any suggestions? Also, is it possible to have more than one pressure sensor or sender on a car? Is it possible I purchased the wrong oil/fuel pressure sensor for my trucks make and model?

47,675

It's hard to say what your problem is as there are several issues here. Was the PCM properly flashed by the dealership when it was installed? If the PCM is bugging out you could have a problem like you are describing, as the digital reading for the odometer is stored in the PCM, not in the cluster itself. Theoretically oil pressure could be an issue but it sounds like the PCM is acting up.

15

The flashing the PCM improperly may be something to go back to. But the original PCM was partially fried, considered comprimised. So we saw fit to replace it. Hoping for good results. My other question is and would have been, two other things. Fuses. Could they need to be replaced? Those tied in to these/this trouble areas. And my battery connector cables are pretty worn and old and to the eye...may need replacing. Could a faulty connector cable short and cause the engine kill and theft light? Thank again for your reply. I have been seeking answers and assitance going on a year.

I know this was posted a few years ago. But I was wondering if you ever figured out what was wrong with your Navigator? I have a 2010 that is doing the exact same thing. I have replaced the onboard computer. Got new keys, had it flashed, replaced the dash cluster, replaced the upper and lower ignition switch and a few other things. Nothing has worked.