Is the 2000 Lincoln Ls reliable?

Asked by Dec 23, 2014 at 09:07 PM about the 2000 Lincoln LS V8

Any problems with this car?

20

I wouldn't touch that car if I were you. My cousin and I both had that vehicle and both tapped out around 160k. In layman's terms the problem is that the vehicle was produced by essentially every company under the Ford umbrella and the the pieces don't fit quite right. The Body is a lincoln, the chasis is a Ford, while the engine is a Jaguar. With that said you could get it for a steal so i guess that depends on the price and mileage.

25,615

Here's one very good reason why you should NOT buy it: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Recall ID: 00V359001 Lincoln recalls 2000-2001 ls due to loose ball joint to control arm fasteners Suspension & Steering, November 24, 2000, Model Year(s):2001 Summary: If the ball joints are not fastened securely, it could result in a fracture of the ball joint stud. This could result in loss of vehicle control and an accident. Dealers will inspect the torque on the two ball joint attaching fasteners.

25,615

Here's a website with more information on that recall: http://repairpal.com/recall/00V359001

130

Don't get one unless you don't mind tinkering continually to keep it running or if it's free. Most mechanics won't touch it because of all of the issues. LS was a lemon in my opinion