Power steering fluid is milky

10

Asked by Sep 02, 2016 at 09:05 PM about the 2000 Lincoln LS V6

Why does my power steering fluid look milky
as if water got in it?

254,325

Might just be old, perform a flush.

10

Tom can you please email me at innocynsse22@gmail so i can discuss this problem in more detail with you?

254,325

Sorry, I don't email, ask here. When was the last time the fluid was changed? Ford used ATF as the standard fill, if your not the original owner, someone might have added regular power steering fluid, which is clear. Old fluid will get brown and and the addition of the other fluid might have made it milky.

10

Ok i understand your email concern. What let me to find the power steering fluid being milky is my original problem of an overheating issue I found out that the Lincoln LS has a hydraulic actuator fan that takes a fluid but after locating that Reservoir the fan fluid is full my car overheats intermittently some days it's fine some days it's not typically it overheats in traffic on hot days not exactly sure what the problem is sorry for the typos and the lack of punctuation I'm using talk to text

10

254,325

Unless you have a leak, the fan fluid should be full, like you found, That also uses ATF or Dex/Merc. AS far as your overheating issue, might be the clutch itself is the issue, to other issues, like the water pump or thermostat. How is the coolant and level? A low coolant level will make a car overheat.

10

Coolant level full, replaced thermostat, had cooling hose assembly replaced(original problem that i had repair shop do ) then after getting car back from shop it started doing this intermittent overheat thing..