Where can I find the security CODE written out on my 2001 lincoln Navigator

30

Asked by Sep 16, 2014 at 02:28 PM about the 2001 Lincoln Navigator Base

Where can I find the security CODE written
out on my 2001 lincoln Navigator other than
the instruction MANUAL

62,175

That would be the only place is the manual,and that,s if some one wrote it in there,it dos,nt, come in the manual,

62,175

You will have to go see a dealer,i could tell you how to get it,but i would be telling people how to steal a car,can,t tell ya,,,go see the dealer.

150,595

Are you talking about the key-less door or the radio?

62,175

I answerd this question,and it was for the door code,same preson.

30

Yes. The Door

150,595

That can be retrieved with an OBD scanner, but you can't have it done at AutoZone. You have to go to a dealer and show ID and registration

62,175

Thank you for confirming fordnut.

150,595

It's stored in the ECU ..I didn't see your other answer

30

But there should be way out this keyless door default reset?

62,175

Yes,the fob

30

What & where is the ECU?

62,175

The ecu is the electronic control unit,it control,s every thing including anti theft device,it is under dash.

150,595

Yes, John, there is. At the factory a random number is used as an always-can-be-used to program your own personal number that you choose. There are not as many possible combinations as one might thing. 1 and 2 are the same number. 3 and 4..and so on . A code of, say, 3-5-1-8 is the SAME code as 4-6-2-7.

30

I live here in Nigeria; what is "ECU or FOB"? Pls define them for me

150,595

The port to access it is under the dash, probably by your knees somewhere. The law says "Must be within 3 feet of steering wheel and require no tools to access" But could be hidden..console, behind ashtray..cupholder

150,595

Fob is not strictly an automotive thing. without looking it up..something that hangs from a chain or string...a watch, a timepiece, on a chain is a fob. So a remote device to unlock your car on a key-ring is a fob. TST gave a good definition of ECU. engine Control Unit, Electronic Control Unit, PCM powertrain Control Module, all the same

150,595

Opps, I did look it up and one definition is Fu** Off Baby. But that's far from our discussion

30

Well, thank you for the info. Some of us here still live to earn a decent living in fearness off all odds; but IF it were possible we would have choose OUR PARENT & where to be born. Thanks. I MAY EVEN post the Vehicle VIN for lookups. Aiit

60

1. Make sure you know the factory-programmed door lock code (Master Code). Check the original documentation that came with the vehicle or look at the right-side gas spring arm on the rear hatch door or under the drivers side dash (up and to the left by the firewall). In both places, you should see white labels with the Master five-digit factory code printed on them. 2. Enter the factory-programmed five-digit code on the exterior keypad. 3. Press the "1-2" button on the keypad within five seconds of entering the last digit of the factory-programmed code. This initiates the code-setting mode for the personal code. 4. Enter your preferred five-digit code number. Make sure that you hit each button within at least five seconds of hitting the one before it, otherwise the code-setting mode will auto-cancel. 5. Watch and listen for the door locks to lock and then unlock in fast succession after you've entered the last digit of your personalized code. This is the signal that the new code was accepted.

10

I have a 2001 Lincoln Town Car. The code is printed on a decal that is stuck on the trunk lid support bar on the passenger side.

10

I think the navigator may have it written on the computer control box under the dash. Little square box under dash on driver side. If you see a decal with 4 or 5 numbers on it, try it.