HI I have a 2001 Lincoln Ls V8, After Replacing the Battery, The car won't start, and no Exterior/INterior LIghts work, but the indicator and radio works. What is the problem?

330

Asked by Jan 07, 2014 at 06:44 PM about the 2001 Lincoln LS V8

HI I have a 2001 Lincoln Ls V8, After Replacing the Battery, The car won't start, and no
Exterior/INterior LIghts work, but the indicator and radio works. What is the problem?

18,905

When you turn the key on is the theft light flashing?

use a test light to tell if you've got the ground on the ground~

330

Hi thank you for helping me. When the key is in on position,the theft light is not on tuff4x4 Judge Roy, I will check this. Thank you

there is the most unpopular "black tape solution" which in this case makes perfect sense....you could seek out the alarm relay and pluck it~

Best Answer
18,905

Does the engine crank over?

330

when i turn the key on theft light is on.seat move in and window up down ok. but can not start

330

2001 lincoln ls v8.after replacing battery no exterior and interior light and i can not start it either.

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t30698_ds490524

18,905

Is the theft light flashing with key on?

2,155

black tape advise again and you marked it helpful.... cmon judge

Instructions 1 Enter your car with your ignition key and your remote switch and insert your key into the ignition. 2 Turn the key in the ignition from "Off" to "Run" eight times in 10 seconds, and end the eighth turn in the "Run" position. Wait for the locks to automatically cycle on and off. Sponsored Links How to Do It Yourself Search Videos & Articles to Find How to Do it Yourself - Free! www.howtosimplified.com 3 Press and hold any button on your remote within 20 seconds of the eighth turn. 4 Hold the button for as long as 20 seconds until the locks automatically click and then release. 5 Remove your key from the ignition to end the resetting process. Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_7583132_reset-system-2000- lincoln-ls.html#ixzz2q2F0Jziv

2,155

did it run before you replaced your battery? why was the battery replaced is what I am asking I guess? no need to do the 8 time keys bla bla bla that is just to program a key fob and to confuse you lol... hope this helps

18,905

Exactly right jjmtuttle.