2001 Lincoln ls not start

85

Asked by Mar 06, 2012 at 04:08 AM about the 2001 Lincoln LS V8

I have  2001 Lincoln ls  the engine running smoothly  ,but after I bark the car for one week and try to start it , Unfortunately was not start.
The battery and gasoline level is ok.

875

Gasoline level can be good but yet the fuel pump is more to be the problem it is not pumping to its full potental or is just not working thats what it sounds like to me.

85

Thanks Robweiser for your quick responded Did you know we is the fuel pump location. its inside the tank or outside.

875

its in the tank...here is instructions for you ... 2001 Lincoln Town Car V8-4.6L VIN W Vehicle Level Powertrain Management Fuel Delivery and Air Induction Fuel Tank Service and Repair Fuel Tank Removal and Installation Fuel Tank Removal and Installation REMOVAL WARNING: DO NOT SMOKE OR CARRY LIGHTED TOBACCO OR OPEN FLAME OF ANY TYPE WHEN WORKING ON OR NEAR ANY FUEL RELATED COMPONENT. HIGHLY FLAMMABLE MIXTURES ARE ALWAYS PRESENT AND MAY BE IGNITED, RESULTING IN POSSIBLE PERSONAL INJURY. FUEL IN THE FUEL SYSTEM REMAINS UNDER HIGH PRESSURE EVEN WHEN THE ENGINE IS NOT RUNNING. BEFORE SERVICING OR DISCONNECTING ANY OF THE FUEL SYSTEM COMPONENTS, THE FUEL SYSTEM PRESSURE MUST BE RELIEVED TO PREVENT ACCIDENTAL SPRAYING OF FUEL, CAUSING PERSONAL INJURY OR A FIRE HAZARD. THE ELECTRICAL POWER TO THE AIR SUSPENSION SYSTEM MUST BE SHUT OFF PRIOR TO HOISTING, JACKING OR TOWING AN AIR SUSPENSION VEHICLE. THIS CAN BE ACCOMPLISHED BY TURNING THE AIR SUSPENSION SWITCH LOCATED IN THE LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT ON THE LH SIDE TO THE OFF POSITION. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN UNEXPECTED INFLATION OR DEFLATION OF THE AIR SPRINGS WHICH MAY RESULT IN SHIFTING OF THE VEHICLE DURING THESE OPERATIONS. Disconnect the battery ground cable. Relieve the system pressure. Drain the fuel tank. Remove the screws. Raise the vehicle. Remove the fuel tank filler pipe from the fuel tank. Disconnect the fuel pump connector located above the No.4 crossmember. Disconnect the fuel lines. Disconnect the vapor tube from the tee on the RH side of vehicle. Disconnect the vapor tube from the canister tube. Position safety support under the fuel tank. Remove the nuts and swing the fuel tank support strap away from the fuel tank. Lower the fuel tank. Remove and discard the fuel tank mounting studs. INSTALLATION Position the fuel tank in the vehicle. Position the fuel tank support strap, install the new studs and tighten the new stud nuts. Break off the stud shanks. Connect the vapor canister line and install a new (22.6 mm) clamp. Connect the vapor line to the tee. Connect the fuel lines. NOTE: When connecting the fuel lines, make sure to connect the supply line first. The supply upper line has a label on it. Connect the fuel pump connector located above the No.4 crossmember. Install the fuel tank filler pipe.

85

Many thanks excellent description. i will try the above and back to you.

85

Fuel pump was checked it was working well and the problem still existing . Yore help is highly appreciate. Thanks.

Ajaj, did you ever get your Lincoln running, I changed the fuel pump and still doesn't want to start!