How to fill transmission fluid in 2001 lincoln ls v8???

220

Asked by Jun 27, 2011 at 03:04 PM about the 2001 Lincoln LS V8

ok here is the problem i got a 2001 lincoln ls v8. I hit a curb and cracked the transmission line. I fixed it easily bymyself not that hard now there is no leaking of the fluid, but the thing is now I got to replace the transmission fluid but how do you put it in. (and yes i know it doesn't have dipstick). cant i just drop the transmission fluid pan fill and put the pan back on?

You can fill through the transmission dipstick tube, they sell both funnels and hoses that attach to the bottle of fluid to do it. Another trick is to use a perm bottle from a beauty supply store (also works great on manual transmissions)

220

it doesn't have a dipstick tube just the drain plug on the bottom of the tranny most people go to a service tech but i heard of a way u dont have to and im trying to fill the transmission fluid because i just fix the transmission line that had a tear/hole in it and made it leak. Now i just got to add the transmission fluid but how when it is on the bottom of the car. does anyone know a way besides service tech?????

Indeed it is a sealed transmission. Remove the smaller bolt on the bottom of the transmission pan. Then remove the small bolt at the back of the case and add fluid there until it starts to run out the bottom of the case where the other bolt was removed. When it starts running out it is full.

220

thanks about to try it now I will let you know what happens

50

did taking off both fill and check screws and filling it up;, mkae ur transmission work? thx, have the same problem!

210

How do u check the fluid bc i got in my car and it won't go in reverse but it was fine when i parked it the night before.

160

Good question my car has same problem revers was working fine all of a sudden, no reverse, but drives forward fine.

80

my check engine light came on and car seems to startle when im proceeding 40 mph any suggestions of wat it mite be

110

I just change cylinoid pack in my 2001 transmission Lincoln LSbecause a code kept popping up now I am going to fill it back up with transmission fluid do I have to reset the codes or what should I do

30

these trans are sealed like most new trans are, the best way is to buy a big turkey syringe and some tubing to pump you trans fluid full, the smaller bolt thats higher on the pan is your fill and level plug, fill til full, run the vehical for 5 to 6 mins w plug out and allow excess fluid to drain, reinstall plug and ur good to go, also a good tip is to get a small 180" pipe for the end of your hose to hook into the hole might need cut if you dont get a flexible pipe, dealerships and pro trans shops use pumps to install and flush fluid, but they are thousands, GAUTHUN RACING

10

Don't know ur answer buddy but I have a question about my car it says check transmission maybe it just needs the fluid but o don't know where the whole is do u know where it's at?

10

the only way to refill the transmission is to take it to a dealer or mechanic. the drain plug is the only way to refill the trani, and you need a special type of "mighty vac" with a reservoir so you know how much is going back in. ive been working on nothing but 2000-2002 lincoln ls v8 with the 3.9L for the past 2 years, i say to anyone who owns a lincoln, GET RID OF IT WHILE IT STILL RUNS!

How much dose a 99Lincoln Town car take

50

Your a dummy! These cars are great! With a little know how, and YouTube,you can fix them just as easily as any car.

50

The guys above just told you how to check the Trany fluid,also if you have a miss in the motor, buy all new coils from rock auto.com,17$each,,,make sure no oil is leaking into the spark plug holes,and blow out the holes with compressed air befor removing the plugs. If oil is leaking,it's not to hard to change the gaskets on the valve covers,I was scared at first but it turned out to be easy

50

That dummy remark was to crazy man

50

Mark helpful,no dipstick on Lincoln ls,,,,any more helpful tips?

50

That dummy remark was to crazy man,,,ok. Sorry

50

We're all trying to help,and I really apreachite that

50

210000, still going strong

50

How many miles do you have?

225 on the 2000 ls. this is my dream car, ill keep it till im old. this monster stock can catch a ferarri in the quarter mile :) thank u very much for the AT advice.. my tranny shifts a little late and i believe its from low fluid. im guna fill it right... wish me luck

30

Hey for the answer to the question on how to fill the transmission on a 2000 Lincoln LS 3.9 what I've come to find out is the bottom drain pan on the transmission has an insert you use an allen wrench to remove it you stick a hose in it and it's gravity fed and and in the back of the transmission there's an allen wrench insert just below the insert it tells you check fluid it also reads use Mercon V so to sum it up the drain plug is the fill and at the back of the transmission is how you check it once you remove that insert if fluid starts coming out that's the indication of full i I cannot express enough that that is the only way to fill and check the fluid on the 2000 Lincoln LS 3.9 enclosed transmission I know for a fact because I own one and I love it

I love my 2001 lincoln ls, had small issues but is great car, tranny fluid is the only thing I'm having trouble with filling, will get the Jack out and see what I can do.. Thanks for the help

If there is a allen check plug on the back of the train and at the bottom of that tap is where ut checks full . does it really matter how the fluid that maks it check full goes in from the top or bottom