Every time I hit a bump on the road my car shut down ,fuse 11 blows out and it says gear box data err

Asked by Jul 15, 2014 at 10:55 PM about the 2001 Lincoln Continental FWD

Once fuse goes out I have to wait 2to 3
days to restart cause fuse blows out over
and over right after it happens the first time

5

In many cases when you hit a bump which in turn causes your fuse to blow everytime indicates a bad connection or a short somewhere to your fuse box maybe. A short will definitely blow your fuses. My advice is to take it in and have the ECU read to see if you are pulling any codes that might indicate the source of your problem. Use a magnifying glass and flashlight if needed and look carefully at the fuse insert to check everything out. You can also use a multimeter to check the lines going to and coming from the fuse panel. When you hit a bump, that rocks your vehicle and this may be causing your shorted wires to touch. I really hope this helps. Let me know.