Rough Idle and Stalling

10

Asked by Jul 15, 2011 at 05:41 PM about the 2002 Lincoln Navigator 4WD

I have 2002 with the 5.4 that has been idling rough and now stalls after its warm when at stop signs or if i go from park to reverse.  I have replaced the PCV valve cleaned the mass airflow sensor along withe replacing the idle air control valve.  Just to make sure when i replaced the idle air contol valve i lubed it and made sure all of the parts were moving freely.  I took it to AutoZone and it is throwing code P1504 saying there is an electrical load failure on the IAC i have checked to make sure there is power and the harness is in good shape and it still has the same problem.  Does anyone have any advice or see anything i may have missed?  Oh and i have checked closely for vaccuum leaks.

Does the vehicle maintain rpms at idle or is it loping erratically? Try disconnecting the alternator and running the car. You may have alternator interference causing the problem. If that is the case, replace the alternator.

10

thanks, I will give it a try!

60

I have this exact same problem and it seems as though it got worse when i put in a new alternator ive been reading alot about this EGR FILTER AND SENSOR and am curious as to whether or not this could be it does anyone know for sure?

40

Mine just out of the blue started to bog when I put my foot on the gas. It began an unsteady idle but then sometimes go into a steady idle. But if I got on the gas it bogged and shuddered. I brought it to a shop and they replaced the fuel filter and EGR valve cause it appeared to have a burned up side and missing hose.. Well 243$ later it all still remained.. Messed up idle and boggy running state. Last night while driving the battery light went nuts and the car just shut down and I coasted off the road. Then started right and I drove off!! Any ideas guys.. Everyone's baffled!

40

I'm told def ain't a bad gas issue at all. Check this out guys who understand the mechanical end.. I really don't but this seems logical .. Thanks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K- jzYTKuTvg&sns=em

Checking the codes...mine did the same thing...you might have a bad coil and it misfires...I did and that solved the problem.

20

I have a 5.4 Lincoln Navigator sudenly stop running and now with sevetal batterys start low and the engine don't function, the red light of oil was in red