Debra Jenkins

Asked by Apr 21, 2015 at 02:50 AM about the 2002 Lincoln LS V8

the motor is running air conditioner is off and its making a heavy moaning vsound.if i
get out of the car i can smell anti freeze and it smells hot but the temperature is
normal and its not leaking anywhere. it almost sounds like a water pump , because
when i first turned on my air conditioner it made a high pitch whistle noise.but when i
turned it off the whistle stopped but this low moaning sound started. but it doesnt
make that sound all the time. its intermitten

water pumps can sound like a rough rumble, power steering growls like a cat that has his back up, if you turn the wheel? does it affect the sound? Smelling antifreeze means definite leak no matter how small. system pressure test and inspect hoses and reservoir may be in order to do. The whistle could have to do with the belt andor pulleys. Since your car may have an electrohydraulic cooling fan, and this is very expensive and rare, your dealer should be where you take it. If it can be saved and corrected they can ensure proper care. Check the reservoir for power steering fluid before you go there. Look at the belt with engine off for obvious problems. They can get the goods on all 3 in less than an hour if you set up ahead of your visit to see a tech experienced with that model car. then the service advisor can say when he/she is available for checking it.