2002 lincoln ls will not start and no instruments working

Asked by Jan 25, 2014 at 03:47 PM about the 2002 Lincoln LS V8

I have a 2002 lincoln ls and when I insure the key and try to start it as soon as I put the
key in it cracks for about 5 to ten seconds then stops.  If I take the key out and do the
same thing it does the same thing.  No if I don't take the key out and try to turn it again it
will not crank or if I out the key in and turn it and wait a coup,e of seconds it will not
crank.  Also the radio and lights come on but the instrument panel lights and  Gage's
don't work.  I put a code reader on and it doesn't even recognize that the key is in the on
position. Can someone help me out.

20,105

Your key is going bad. You need to call a locksmith or take it to the dealer and have 2 keys cut and programmed to the car.

20,105

The antitheft has been activated because it doesn't recognize the key.

Kool I will try

But also remember my instrument panel is not coming on too. Is thistle same problem.

20,105

Very possibly

On the passenger side kick panel is a fuse box check the fuse thinks it the 6 or5 it is a 5 amp fuse that for ur dash

10

My car seems to do the same thing I have a new battery as well! I also had a new ignition put in too! It has an overheating problem too! Have replaced the radiator, the water pump, the thermostat, the fan, and the fan relay (my damn fan relay keeps going out as well)! So yeah had nothing but problems the entire time I have had this car does anyone have any helpful advice?

10

I'll get it charged up and it will start up like a champ for a day or 2 and then somehow my battery is dead or almost dead and i go to start it and it does that clicky weird noise! I try it a couple more times until there is no power at all... I can't seem to isolate the problem! My luck is shit!!