2004 Lincoln LS V8, Is there a quick rigging job to fix A/C that's on but blowing hot air in all vents except one on passenger side?

Asked by May 15, 2013 at 12:57 AM about the 2004 Lincoln LS V8 Sport

Please, is there is a quick way to fix this problem that would get me thru until I could
get it repaired correctly?  I took the car to the mechanic who checked it all, he said
something about the air flow flaps being stuck so only the hot air is coming out, don't
quote me on the terms, I'm a girl and this has been a month back. He then told me
he'd have to take the whole dash apart to get in to fix it etc.  I don't have the time or
money right now to have it repaired, and after asking around I found that my Mom had
the exact same problem on her Chrysler minivan.  She took it to a shop thinking it was
the coolant but it was this flap problem and the guy fixed it for her, under the hood, and
didn't even charge her for it! Only thing was that now she will only have AC and no
heat, this is fine with me, it's 90 degrees here! I realize it's very possible the air
systems are different so there might be different fixes, but if there is a way to manually
move or do something to at least get the AC blowing that's all I need for now.
Thanks!! Lacey P

without disassembly of the dash..mmmm...don't think so unless you can get you neck all bent and uncomfortable and push the levers and see what the end loop is activating...dunno, perhaps it's a vacuum operated system and one of the hoses has fallen off, do you hear a hissing sound when either position is selected?

Some HVAC systems have a heater core bypass door. It's connected to the temperature control switch and it's electrical. You might be able to find it and move the door to the open position. Here's a basic HVAC diagram. You system might be different.

i believe the 2004 has the dccv or also known as heater control valve when they go bad ac will do what you describe need to bleed system of air completely for these valves to work properly