Lincoln LS hard shifting problem?

Asked by Apr 05, 2013 at 02:38 AM about the 2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury

Hi all,

I have a 2004 Lincoln LS V6 auto transmission and it just started shifting hard. 1st to 2nd gear and 2nd to
3rd gear shift's hard, also when coming to a stop, downshifting from 2rd to 1st feel like the car gets pull
from the back and hard shift. i have no check engine light on or any code error displayed. Need help on
repair info

First, check your transmission linkage at the throttle body first, it might have come loose or is binding. If that is Ok, check the fluid level, but I'd recommend taking it to a reputable local mechanic that works on transmissions to diagnose it for you as you might have some internal trans issues, such as problems with the torque convertor or valve body. Don't continue to drive it like this as you can possible do more damage.

it may be your Driveshaft i had a similar problem just 2nd- 4th ( god the 4th was bad) get it checked by mechanic make sure to bring that up it is a casual problem sadly everyone eventually has to. Mine lasted 188k miles without a problem

I had my tranny fluid changed which made it shift even harder. the mechanic told me to take it to Ford and have them reset the computer. So I pulled the battery cable off for a minute and put it back on to reset the computer. Now the car shifts like it should... Try this first, its free