I just replaced the drum break shoes, and bled the wheel cylinder, but I can't get the hub bearing to slid over the shoes. Any help would be Appreciated.

Asked by Feb 12, 2015 at 01:05 AM about the 1998 Ford Contour 4 Dr SE Sedan

1,145

Well to start what your trying to slide over the shoes is the drum. The shoes are mounted around the bearing. If you can't slide the drum over the shoes then the shoes are over adjusted. Adjust the shoes until the drum can slide over the shoes with ease. If the hub bearing is a bolt on assembly then it should mount back on the same way it came off, if it was removed for the brake job.