Battery Dead Car Locked

Asked by Feb 08, 2009 at 04:00 PM about the 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo 2 Dr STD AWD Coupe

Here is the situation.  Batter is dead so the key fob does not work.  The car is locked.  Manual is inside the car.  Dealership is
closed on Sunday.  How do I get in?  There is a key slot under the drivers side door handle but the handle does no lift high
enough to be able to get the key in.

995

I'd have to say that Key Slot is your only option... else why would it be there?

1,085

ummm design flaw i guess haha... you will have to wait for the dealership to send someone out to help you likely if they cant get the key to work then your gonna have to get someone to basically break in... I dont know how the locking mechanism works on a gallardo but im sure its not too revolutinary... a standard auto roadside service should be able to help you get in... your next problem may be getting at the battery if the release is electric... im sure its been a issue before and a quick call to the dealership in the morning will solve the problem... or you could find a brick...

8,285

Isn't the battery accessible thru a small bolt on port in the wheel wells? I think it's the front right wheel, but I'm not sure. Either way, if you can get some jumper cables on the battery terminals, you should be able to draw enough current off another battery/car to use the key fob.

85

On The Door handle on the drivers side the front Portion of the Door handle detaches. Simply slide it down and off, giving clear access for the Key to open the door