1997 kia sephia, Acts like mass airflow bad.

Asked by Dec 11, 2014 at 07:57 PM about the 1997 Kia Sephia LS

scanner tells me mass airflow, put a new sensor on and still same thing? Will not idle stalls runs terrible? Could it be the wires to the mass airflow?

I own one. It's liely that the corrugated air hose going from the air filter box to the throttle body has a leak. That lets air in that's not registered by the MAF. I fixed mine using a tomato sauce can (one of the little ones), with both ends cut out, inside the hose - and quality duct tape over the outside of the hose. It's worked fine for 3+ years.