ford windstar will not start

Asked by Apr 19, 2015 at 04:31 PM about the 1999 Ford Windstar 4 Dr SE Passenger Van

My for Windstar 1999 was not used for over a year. It was parked in the garage. I installed new battery, I poured about 6 liters of gas and tried to start. It looks like motor is not getting fuel. What should I do next?

If it's been sitting a long time you could have rust and junk in the fuel lines. Could need a new file filter. Make sure plugs are good. Maybe put some carb cleaner in it, make sure the batterie has a full charge. Just do all the basics. Cars that sit for a long time have a lot of potential issues.

If it's a fuel problem you could also try a compression test. That would tell you wether the injectors are getting any gas or not.