i had 2 keys to my ford windstar 1999 i loost one how do i get a new key for it or get the key i have to start it keep in mind i got the van used 2 yrs. ago

Asked by Feb 24, 2014 at 09:56 AM about the 1999 Ford Windstar 4 Dr SE Passenger Van

i cant start my van i had 2 keys when i bought it used a couple of yrs. ago an one key
started it but the other all thow looks exactly the same only unlocked the dorr so how do i
get a new key to start my car  or how do i ge the key i have now to start it

10,065

Sounds like you have the "PATS" anti-theift system. Probably a section in the manual about it. There is a RF chip in the key and must be programmed to the vehicle. Your most likely going to have to get the dealer to reprogram you vehicle to accept the other key's RF signal. Once you have one key that works (two for the PATS-2 system) you can add/program more keys yourself.