Was driving my car and it just died put it on a computer and it said code number po343 and po733 took the timing cover half off timing belt looked new what is wrong wit my car

Asked by Mar 20, 2012 at 06:41 PM about the 1999 Kia Sephia LS

3,490

i believe the p0343 code is for the cam sensor on the vehicle. this could be the cause but it will also throw this code with a crank sensor problem so be warned you might wind up replacing both. the p0733 code is for the transmission and indicates the vehicle is or was slipping in third gear. also possible to be caused by a crank sensor problem