My 2002 kia sportage's power windows stopped working. the fuse in the fuse block and the fuse under the hood are good. what is the problem? where is the relay? HELPPPP!!!!! Thanks

120

Asked by May 27, 2014 at 01:56 PM about the 2002 Kia Sportage Base

My girlfriend and I were both rolling down the windows in her 2002 kia sportage (power windows) and they both stopped working. I pulled every fuse out and checked... all good.  Checked the fuse under the hood... good.  ANY suggestions/comments would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

17,805

I do no longer answer Owner's Manual related questions but you may not have checked all the fuses and probably none of the relays.

120

NOTHING in the owner's manual says anything about relays except for a mistake that says they are above the fuse panel facing the passenger compartment. there are two relays tucked under in that vicinity, but NONE of them are marked K-02. They both are thirty amp. even the wiring diagram I found does NOT list the correct colors of the wires feeding the relay.

120

I also have pulled EVERY fuse out and checked them, including the fuse under the hood...ALL are good!

120

assy, U Suck! If you can't or won't help, keep you comments to yourself as# h$^%!

17,805

YOU are the one that said the KIA Owner's Manual had WRONG /Incomplete info, I did not print the Kia manual. Get angry with KIA ,not with me-sorry

120

Not angry, just frustrated, and I was responding to your comment that I didn't check all the fuses and was trying to give you a better picture of what I HAVE tried. I have since tested all the relays I can find... all r good. The Hayne's manual said there are relays all throughout the wiring harness and that there are circuit breakers in same. The circuit breakers are supposed to reset themselves, no? Where the heck R the others??? AND the manual is void of the instruction you implied by your first response. NO disrespect meant... as stated, VERY frustrated.

17,805

relays do reset when they cool down but a dead short just pops them again. I do not have a wiring diagram for your car, I really can't imagine that a Shop Manual is incomplete. How did you check the relays that you found - need a multi meter to check a cold relay but as soon as you plug it back in it could trip due to a short.

90

Any luck? Just happened to me today!

90

I was just about to take my door apart, because "Holding Up Button Door Slam" method was not working. I rolled the window down all the way and could hear the clicking when it hit bottom, but no sound when I pressed up. That made me think motor still working. I went under hood and pulled P/WIN RELAY, without disconnecting battery. It was really hot. Let it cool in my hand for about 5 min. On my second try my window rolled back up. I put my tools away! :-}

60

I have checked all the relays and fuses for my Kia Sportage power windows and can't find a problem with any of them. It started with the drivers side window but with trying to fix that now all windows are stuck up. None of them will go down. I can't drive it with them all stuck up as don't have aircon either. It is like an oven in the car at this time of year. Please if anyone can help don't have manual.