How much should it cost me to drive a 1999 Taurus from Pensacola to Tallahasse

Asked by Aug 28, 2016 at 02:58 PM about the 1999 Ford Taurus SE

I have to pick my daughter up . The car was
totalled Oct 2cd but 90% fixed. Slight gas leak
when it sits.  Need to know about the cost to go
get her.

The 99 Taurus is rated 20MPG city and 28MPG highway. (for 3.0L and 3.4L engines). Go to Google Maps and enter the two addresses (origin and destination) it will tell you how many miles you'll be traveling. Divide that number by the MPG above to get your gas estimate. Word of caution though, I'd be leery of driving any long distance with a car that's "90% fixed" and has a gas leak, you're just asking for trouble. Maybe borrow a car for the trip?

Gas leak? Why don't you get this fixed? Leaking gasoline is VERY DANGEROUS.... doesn't do anything for your mileage either...

whatever you do don't light a cigarette to test how bad the gas leak is!

It only drips slightly when sitting still. I rarely drive it so.. in a month it dipped slightly below where it was (@1/2 a tank). When I took the car to the shops (2 just to see if the answer changed)..I was told "it's not a hazmat issue at this point. No need to spend the funds" & a copy of those answers sent to Homeowners Association. Thank God!

And I would never open the hood or drive while smoking. Cancer patients who smoke aren't around as long. ☺

still joking aside you need to get this sorted as you are putting yourself and others at risk

This is serious stuff, I don't know if you're breaking the law, but, you might be.... Also, if something happens, forget insurance, they'll find out and disallow your claim. gas-leak

Rent a car, a gas leak is serious stuff, the trip might cost you more than you bargained for. A hot vehicle with fuel leaking is not a good scenario like the others have mentioned. Up to you if you want to take the risk.

As everyone has said, driving with a gas leak is VERY dangerous!! The gasoline fumes can and will flashover. Meaning the gasoline fumes will ignite and then spread back to the vehicle! Either spend the money to get your vehicle fixed correctly or on a rent a car. But please for your sake and the sake of others, don't drive your vehicle until it's fixed!! HTH. -Jim