my 99 taruse shuts off while ideling..but always starts back up.shuts off while in drive also and when i stop at red lights.

Asked by May 04, 2013 at 09:18 PM about the 1999 Ford Taurus SE

my ford taruse shuts off while in idel and when i stop at red lights.but it always starts back up..

think that your vacuum hoses are leaking causing actuators to not actuate, sensors to not sense and a tremendous vacuum leak leading to high idle and stalling...recommend you get rid of all butyl rubber lines which decay and crack with silicone ones---you'll be happy and your systems will work the way they should~

27,245

yes yes. Or perhaps the idle air control valve is acting up.

1,100

if your TAURUS wont IDLE,clean the throttle body with a nylon brush and some carb cleaner. ENG OFF, take the big hose off at the throttle body, hold the throttle open with one hand and spray the black crud inside the bore and on the plate, scrub it out and spray again, make sure the hose isnt torn and reattach. its going to run rough when you start it but should smooth out in a minute