i am tring to replace my grill with fter market. It does not fit. Seems to be too flat. Not enough of a taper. if i fasten it in the center, eack end is out by at least an inch. Should I force it or cut it top and bottom to push each side back?

Asked by May 07, 2017 at 06:45 PM about the 1972 Chevrolet C/K 10 Cheyenne Super

28,035

Any chance of returning it for a refund or exchange for one that exactly fits? If you force it and brake it you're SOL. Find the part number on the original grille and see if they have an aftermarket replacement that fits that part number, versus a generic year/make/model replacement.

No I cant return it. It will take too long to get a new one. They are likely all the same. I hate to force it too much. I was wondering if anyone had made cuts to help it bend a little more.

28,035

Chances are it's made of ABS plastic like most grilles are. You may be able to make it conform to your car's front end with a heat gun. Try it on the old grille and see how well a heat gun can let you bend it. Just don't overdo it.